1-day Ayurvedic Pulse Technique Workshop by Dr. Shekhar BAMS, MD-Ayurveda
Outline of Ayurvedic Pulse Technique Course
by Dr. Shekhar BAMS, MD-Ayurveda
*Hands-on and demonstration of pulse*
Learn the 5000-year-old art of Ayurvedic pulse technique, and apply it to your life for preserving health and preventing illness.
The importance of Ayurvedic pulse technique (Naadi Vignyan) in classical ayurvedic description and references
· Benefits of ayurvedic pulse technique
· How to feel the pulse, both balanced and imbalanced states
· Some important suggested times to feel the pulse
· Guidelines to feel the pulse correctly
· Identify the doshic pulse
· Locating different qualities of doshas in the pulse
· Locations and functions of vata, pitta, and kapha in the body
· Influence of bio-rhythms, seasons, and daily routine in the pulse
· Identify balanced and imbalanced pulse
· Signs of dosha balanced, increased, and decreased in the pulse
· Doshic movement (Gati) in the pulse
· Sub-doshas of vata, pitta, and kapha in the pulse
· Identify prakriti of the individual through the pulse
· Know the dhatu pulse
· Detect prana, tejas, and ojas in the pulse
· Identify different organs' pulses in both hands
The benefits of pulse reading are
a. Detection of imbalances at an early stage
b. Detecting the cause of imbalance.
c. Restoring balance through proper herbal supplements, diet, daily and seasonal routine, yogic postures, breathing exercises, meditation technique and natural physiological cleansing processes or detoxification programs (Panchakarma).
"Pulse, like a lamp, throws light on all the physiological and pathological states discovered in human being". (Raavana Tantra)
Continuing Education approved by NCBTMB for Licensed Massage Therapists, AAPNA and Yoga Alliance.
Certificate will be issued after successful completion of training
Shekhar Annambhotla, BAMS, MD-Ayurved, LMT, RAD, CRH, CPH, CEH, FAMAS is an Ayurvedic Specialist who was classically trained in India and has been practicing and teaching Ayurveda worldwide since 1988. He began his eight-year course of study in Ayurveda at the age of 17, first at Nagarjuna University in Andhra Pradesh, India and then at Gujarat Ayurved University in Gujarat, India, where he earned his Doctor Degree in Ayurveda. He is a Licensed Integrative Bodywork and Massage Therapist (LMT), an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E.R.Y.T.-500) with the Yoga Alliance, and an instructor of therapeutic Hatha Yoga, having completed training at the Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Center in India. Shekhar is also a certified Pranic Healer and a Reiki Healer.
Location - Khabir's Clinic in Ojai, CA
723 Fernando Dr. Ojai CA (Meiners Oaks area, near Farmer and the Cook Restaurant)