Zoom workshop: Diagnosing Methods & Skills of Ayurveda
Diagnostic Methods and Skills of Ayurveda Workshop
In 2021 this course is available on Zoom (not in India)
Part of Khabir's certificate Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC) & Ayurvedic Practitioner (AP) Program
- Oct 9th & 10th, Saturday & Sunday from 10am to 12:30 and 2pm - 4:30 on Zoom in a small group
Video intro to course: (2018 video, Ignore references to India)
- Developing diagnostic skills through 'questioning, observing and touching' as per Ayurveda.
Part 1: Diagnosis Methods
- Questioning skills – Asking about health history, symptoms, diet and digestion (Prashana).
- Observation skills - Reading the face, nails, eyes, skin and body (Darshana)
- Touching skills - Reading the pulse, skin and organs (Sparshana)
Part 2: Diagnosing Dosha, Dhatus (tissues), & Malas (wastes)
- Diagnosing doshic imbalances: Vata, Pitta, Kapha (Dosha Vriddhi)
- Understanding the 6 stages of disease (Kriyakala)
- Diagnosing digestion (Agni)
- Diagnosing toxins (Ama) by observing the tongue Followed by role play practice with other students
- Analysis of the 3, bodily wastes (Malas)
- Diagnosing by observation of the skin, nails, face Followed by role play practice with other students
- Analysis of 7 body systems (Srotamsi)
- Diagnosing by the surface and deep pulse (Nadi Pariksha)
- Understanding the rhythms of the doshas
Part 3: Practice (during lunch break)
- Each participant will communicate a report of themselves:
- Prakruti (original mind-body constitution) and Vikruti (current state of imbalance) and sub-dosha imbalances
- Agni and Ama
- Each Dhatu (tissue) and the respective Srotamsi (channels)
- State of Prana, Tejas and Ojas
- State of mind based on the gunas: Satwa, Rajas, Tamas.
* Sanskrit words that are important in clinical Ayurveda will be thoroughly explained. Teachings are based on classical teachings and not westernized but simplified without much use of sanskrit except for essential words.
(Photos of past classes in India, 2021 is by Zoom)
US$300 if paid before Sep. 30th
US$350 if paid after Sep. 30th
- Private Zoom meeting with Khabir upon registration
- Group Chat support during self study period
- Small Group Zoom class by Khabir: Sat & Sun, 10am to 12:30pm, 2pm to 4;30
- Review and feedback of Final Report
- Certificate of Completion
Additional private Zoom classes are available @ $70 per hour (for students only)
Certification is for 100 hours of study.
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT
Upon the successful completion of this first workshop, a personalized CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT for the course, Fundamental Principles & Physiology of Ayurveda (100 hours), will be provided by Vaidya Khabir Southwick, PACE provider which can be used to obtain continuing education credits.
AYURVEDIC HEALTH COUNSELOR (AHC)
Upon the successful completion of 500 hours of study and internship (generally in Khabir's Clinic) the student will receive a personalized certificate as a qualified AYURVEDIC HEALTH COUNSELOR (AHC). This certificate along with a recommendation letter from Khabir will qualify the student to apply for membership as an AYURVEDIC HEALTH COUNSELOR (AHC) with Association of Ayurvedic Professionals of North America (AAPNA).
|Event Date||10-09-2021 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||10-10-2021 4:30 pm|
|Categories||Classes & Workshops|