9-day course: Herbology and Dietary Treatments of Ayurveda
Learn Ayurveda in India!
3rd Annual Certified Ayurvedic Consultant Courses - Rishikesh, India, Nov. 6th 26th, 2018
Ayurveda, “Science of Life,” has historical roots in ancient India from thousands of years ago. Still today, the study and practice of Ayurveda is growing and flourishing. To bridge the gap of the Western mind and this ancient Eastern school of thought, we will come together this November in Rishikesh, India for our 3rd annual Ayurveda courses. Taught by Vaidya Khabir Southwick, supported by Dr. Vikram Chauhan of Planet Ayurveda, this is a course for those who wish to develop a deep and thorough fundamental understanding of this ancient science.
- AYURVEDIC HEALTH-CARE TRAINING FOR WESTERNERS
By Viadya Khabir supported by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (MD-Ayurveda) and Dr. Amit Raj.
Held at Maa Yoga Ashram, Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh, India.
|Sponsored by Planet Ayurveda, India.|
* No prior training or knowledge of Ayurveda is required.
Presenter and Organizer
Khabir Southwick, Ayurveda Practitioner, is an internationally renowned Ayurvedic health-care practitioner, master herbalist and public educator of natural health-care. About Khabir.
These intensive workshops are presented for those who are interested in, studying or actively practicing [clinical] Ayurvedic health-care. Details.
Certificate Course in Ayurveda
Upon the completion of each course a CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT will be provided and after the completion of the first 3 courses a certificate and a AYURVEDIC HEALTH CARE CONSULTANT will be issued by Planet Ayurveda, Khabir Southwick, Dr. Vikram Chauhan and Dr. Amrit Raj in behalf or Maa Yoga Ashram. Details.
Herbology and Dietary Treatments of Ayurveda
A thorough certified course on herbalogy and treatment methods of Ayurveda. You will learn about using food as medicine, the principles of Ayurveda Pharmacology and herbal treatments for imbalances of all systems of the body.
Individualized dietary guidelines and herbs have been the primary method of treatment for most all disease or as long as recorded history.
- Nov. 18th to the 26th, 2018
Note: This is an advanced class that requires an excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of Ayurveda including the knowledge the tridoshic system, sub doshas, gunas, dhatus, srotomsi, agni, ojas and ama and other essential aspects of ayurvedic anatomy and functionality of the body according to Ayurveda. Basic knowledge and experience of Ayurvedic diagnosis by observation, questioning and touching is also required. It is highly recommended to take the first two courses before attending this course unless prior knowledge and experience exist.
Part 1: Using food as medicine (ahara chikitsa)
- Balancing Vata with food and eating habits
- Balancing Pitta with food and eating habits
- Balancing Kapha with food and eating habits
- Variations for kapha-vata, pitta vata, kapha-pitta, etc
Part 2: Principles of Ayurveda Pharmacology (drava guna)
- Type of herbal substances (dravyas)
- The 20 gunas (qualities of herbal substances)
- Tastes and energetics of herbal substances: rasas, vipak, veeya, prabhav
- Actions of herbal substances: Karma
Part 3: Treatments for imbalances of dosha, dhatu, mala (Shamana Chikitsa)
Specific herbs to balance:
- Prana, udana, apana, samana, vyana vayu (vata)
- Panchaka, ranjanka, bhrajaka, sadhaka, alochoka pitta
- Kledaka, avalambaka, bodhaka, tarpaka, shlesshaka khapa
- Manda, tikshan, vishama and sama agni
- Prana, tejas and ojas
Dietary and herbal treatments for:
- The respiratory system (prana vaha sroto)
- The digestive system (anna vahu sroto)
- The water system (Ambu sroto)
- Conditions of the lymph (rasa sroto & dhatu)
- conditions of the blood-liver-speen (rakta sroto & dhatu)
- Conditions of the muscles (mamsa sroto & dhatu)
- Conditions of fat tissue (meda sroto & dhatu)
- Conditions of the joints and bones (ashti sroto & dhatu)
- Conditions of the nervous system (meja sroto & dhatu)
- Conditions of the reproductive system male/female (shukra/Artava sroto & dhatu)
- The colon (purisha sroto)
- The sweat glands (sveda sroto)
- The urinary system (Mutra sroto)
"The Ayurveda course [in 2016] was exceptional.
Sanjana, Rajaskraran, Ojai, CA.
"Thanks your Khabir for teaching us in a clear and practical "western" style about such a subtle eastern science"
US$650 for the 9-day course
Includes breakfast, dinner, accommodation for 8 nights, certification for 6o hours of study, 35 hours of small group training and discussion by Khabir twice a day. Price includes a private "cottage" with an attached bathroom, 1 evening dinner on the first day and breakfast on the last day. The course also includes an herbal shopping tours, herbal teas for 7 days, handouts, room cleaning service, lectures by guest speakers, access to Pancha Karma treatments at reduced rates, close-by shopping and musical entertainment some nights.
Bonus: For 2 days, Nov. 27th and 28th, Dr. Vikram will teach about the herbal products of Planet Ayurveda and provide a wholesale discount code to purchase Planet Ayurveda products as a practitioner in his Chandigarh clinic. Chandigarh, apox 5 hours from Rishikesh by taxi. Khabir will arrange transportation on the 26th to Chandigarh. Dr. Vikram will provide accommodation and his course for only $50 per person, each day payable to Dr. Vikram directly. (If you plan to attend then it is best to fly in and out of Chandigarh).
* Bring extra money for a yoga class in the morning, Pancha Karma treatments, private consultations with respected India ayurveda doctors, herbal products, indian clothes and gifts. Transportation can be arranged from New Delhi, Chandigarh or Dehradun, India by taxi (6 hours, 5 hours or 1.5 hours respectively).
* Textbook Treatment Approaches in Ayurveda is an additional $35
Tours of India and extra days in Rishikesh can be arranged. Ayurvedic treatments like Ayurvedic Massage/abhyanga, Shirodhara, panchakarma (vamana, verecharna, basti, nasya and rakta moksha) and herbal products can be purchased from the sponsors at a discounted rate. *
Does not include:
- Personal travel costs to India and health insurance.
- Cost of Visa (Please apply in advance it is very easy). For just a 30 day on-time visa go here.
- Travel from the airport to Rishikesh but can be arranged for about $120 paid in India (see below).
Payment can be made by cash in the Ojai clinic, Paypal sent to , by an online invoice (please request), or by registering and paying from this page. Register and pay.
Khabir at 805-308-3480 for more information.
Part 4: Detoxification and Purification (Pancha Karma) - Body Work and Steam Therapy (Snehana-Swedhana), Shirodhara (Mind Therapy), Rakta Moksha (Blood Letting), Basti (Enemas), Therapeutic Vomiting (Vamana). Rejuvenation and Tonification Protocols and Treatments.
AIR TICKETS & TRAVEL
For a recommended travel agent to purchase tickets call AAKASH TRAVEL at 310-806-2923. They specialize in discounted tickets to India. Shahdeen is aware of this tour and can make recommendations for what flights are best and can book your ticket.
**Travel arrangements and tickets can be provided by Aakash Tours, Los Angeles.